Translate

Friday 6 December 2019

Flu forces physical rest

Today, I had to stay home from work (better when you actually get paid any kind of sick pay which I don't but God balances all and reminds of rest) with the flu and yes, not even a cold disguised as flu but full on flu with accompanying aches and pain and sore eyeball sockets even and the other more common symptoms of sneezes, coughs and nausea. This coincided with a wall decal scripture that arrived by post of Psalm 62:1: Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Sadly, I also had to turn down a dinner fellowship with a sister because of ill health.  I felt like I was letting her down but noone would benefit from sharing my germs at present.


Of course this is about spiritual rest but I do think God also creates some situations where we are reminded and encouraged to rest. The world shouts at us to keep going, that terrible things will happen if we don't but God s always is countercultural and simply reminds us to rest in Him.



Image result for rest in god

No comments:

Post a Comment